Setup Back to My Mac on MI424WR Router?
markhdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi folks. I'm looking for setup information using the Verizon Actiontec MI424WR router I'm saddled with for Apple's Back to My Mac. I'm familiar with port forwarding. Can anyone provide detailed instructions or an email for Verizon support.

I would think there would be info on this fairly common question, but there's not and the only post I see is from 2009 and is way out of date.

0 Likes
Re: Setup Back to My Mac on MI424WR Router?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@markhdavis wrote:

Hi folks. I'm looking for setup information using the Verizon Actiontec MI424WR router I'm saddled with for Apple's Back to My Mac. I'm familiar with port forwarding. Can anyone provide detailed instructions or an email for Verizon support.

I would think there would be info on this fairly common question, but there's not and the only post I see is from 2009 and is way out of date.

Back to my Mac is remote access for a Mac?

The internet appears to say that typically uses port 443 but I'm sure you know exactly what listing port/s you have established on the mac for it.

All you have to do is to go into the router as admin and set up port forwarding rules for the port/s from a source of any to a destination of your mac

logon to the router

select firewall settings

select port forwarding

select new

specify the ip address of the destination

give the protocol a name

add the ports e.g below customized listing ports for RDP in Windows

TCPAny -> 8889

UDPAny -> 8889

Save and enable the rule

go outside an try it

0 Likes