Setup Fee With Verizon Fios
depause

After setting up a new Fios service over the phone, I discovered on my first bill that I was being charged $100 to set up. I was not told about this charge over the phone and never agreed to it. After a chat session and a phone call, a Verizon rep said that the fee would be waived and it would be reflected in my next bill. Didn't happen. Chat again. Call again. A second rep over the phone told me that there was no record that the first rep agreed to waive the charge. They offered a $50 credit. I told them that they had already agreed to waive the entire charge. Transferred to a supervisor, who insisted I had clicked "agree" on the charge (which I did not). Finally, I took the $50 credit in order to move on with my life. 

Now, come to find out that this charge only applies when you place the order over the phone. This is shady and scammy. I should not be paying their techs to perform an install. They are Verizon employees-- not mine. Moreover, the charge should be mentioned *over the phone* and *while placing the order*, not shown in tiny print after the fact, in an email. This email (below) is clearly constructed in a manner that purposefully obscures the charge.

Verizon, you cannot get away with this forever. Stop scamming your own customers.

0 Likes
Re: Setup Fee With Verizon Fios
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, I am sorry to hear this, but is there anything the forum users can help you technically?

0 Likes
Re: Setup Fee With Verizon Fios
jonjones1
Legend

The charge is there in black and white. However I have said this many times that anytime you call them for service they charge that fee.

now if you went online and ordered then the fee gets waived. No customer actions by Verizon staff saves that $99 and it shows it on initial setup and on the estimated bill.

so the company does provide information on that fee.

after you hit the accept/ok button. They gotcha a shame that some folks don’t catch the service fee.

0 Likes