Setup Fee not waived after told it would be (when signing up)
sdlohin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello! 

I just tried calling customer support after realizing that I was charged for the setup fee, after being told I wouldn't be. I noticed that a lot of people are posting on here about a similar issue, so I decided to add my voice to the mix and hopefully reach the outcome I expected.

Summary:

1. Decided to switch to Verizon Fios partly because of a promotion to have the activation fee waived. 
  2. There were issues with the online subscription so I called in to order it.
  3. I realized part way through the call that the activation fee would only be waived for subscriptions over internet. Not phone.
  4. I asked the agent about this and he said it wasn't a problem. He transferred me to another agent and they said it would be waived. 

Verizon, you have been so awesome. Why is this happening to so many people? When I talked to the customer support agent that said this couldn't be waived, she said that they would have to escalate because the agents I talked to were giving out false information. Based on all of the forum posts, it doesn't seem like this was an isolated incident. Maybe it was just one or 2 rogue employees, but it seems like a very shady thing to be happening. I wouldn't have purchased over the phone if I was simply told this wouldn't work. 

If this is something that can be resolved, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Re: Setup Fee not waived after told it would be (when signing up)
jonjones1
Legend

You have a 30 day total satisfaction guarantee. Has it been 30 days? If not you call Verizon Fios and say CANCEL MY SERVICE this should get you to retention’s.

tell them you want it terminated and they may give you what you want. But don’t get upset when they say no.

the deal for the waiver of install is “online only” so as you said you made the mistake.

but if the service is quick and what you like, the price is within reason.

Re: Setup Fee not waived after told it would be (when signing up)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sdlohin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes