Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Severe East Coast Routing Issue with FiOS Peer (Qwest)

jc2607
Contributor
Contributor

Severe East Coast Routing Issue with FiOS Peer (Qwest)

Message 1 of 3
(988 Views)

I canceled my Verizon FiOS account today due to a long-standing issue with one of your peers (Qwest, aka Century Link). I tried to offer some feedback to your tech support reps this afternoon but the scope of this issue went over their heads. This issue may only affect a few hundred Verizon FiOS customers in this area, but the issue is so severe that the FiOS service is practically offline between the hours of 5:30 PM - 12:00 AM on weekdays for a number of east coast endpoints (namely--but certainly not limited to--those using Amazon AWS servers). 100% of the affected routes (throughput plumeting to 50 - 200 Kbps, latency skyrocketing to 5000+ms, etc.) utilized a Qwest handoff around the 6th hop, while 100% of the unaffected routes did not. Using a VPN to modify the route to these endpoints was the only solution that worked--and it did so 100% of the time. If you would like more information on how to reproduce this issue, please contact me.

2 REPLIES 2
Treeeater
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Severe East Coast Routing Issue with FiOS Peer (Qwest)

Message 2 of 3
(934 Views)

Are you referring to the slow download speeds that occurs in the evening hours? If yes, how exactly did you get around this issue? Thanks!

DMVForumName
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Severe East Coast Routing Issue with FiOS Peer (Qwest)

Message 3 of 3
(925 Views)

As they said:  "Using a VPN to modify the route to these endpoints was the only solution that worked--and it did so 100% of the time."

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.