Sick of your crap FiOS -- Stop blaming everyone else and fix my **bleep** problem.
Nisey429

Every night from 7 to aroun 11 PM while playing Final Fantasy XIV I get absolutely unplayable conditions. A route trace shows the problem is with a connection in NY under Alter.net WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS IS FiOS BUSINNES PEERING, OWNED BY FiOS. So stop trying to claim it's not your equipment.

This is your problem. It is not Square Enix problem. People with other ISPs don't suffer this issue while they are logged on at the same time as us. My neighbor is logged in at the same time and uses COX and does not have the problem. Your customer service reps are about as intelligent as a rock and can never actually resolve an issue or even bother to forward it to a higher level tech support.

Either change the peering on our plan and get us away from this congested and/or malfunctioning node or we are going to Cox.

0 Likes
Re: Sick of your crap FiOS -- Stop blaming everyone else and fix my **bleep** problem.
Joey-Zaza
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too experience the exact same problem.  And they will tell you it's not their problem.

Every day.  FFXIV.  Hours at a time.

0 Likes
Re: Sick of your crap FiOS -- Stop blaming everyone else and fix my **bleep** problem.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
Kruger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact Verizon directly? Bwahahaha

Has anyone been successful at that?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Kruger wrote:

I have, anytime I have an issue with my service. I have successfully used both the phone and chat options. Are you unable to contact Verizon for some reason?

0 Likes
Kruger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not everyone is as lucky as you Somegirl. Yes I have been able to contact Verizon but not before many hours of back and forth, recalling due to a call drop, and trying to get ahold of a tech. Getting a solution to a problem? Not over the phone. I had to come to this forum and fortunately an agent picked my name out of a hat. The solution happened just today. Over a year wasted on phone calls so it is nearly impossible.

The engineering team replaced equipment at their end, checked the fiber optics and actually found a dirty fiber which they cleaned and tested. For the first time since I've had FIOS I'm getting the speeds I pay for.

I'm very pleased with the results however, had they fixed this a year ago, I would be the Verizon FIOS spokesperson. Now I'm hoping I never have to go through this again.

Jeff

c4103

I have the same problem.  This is clearly Verizon's fault, but they are not inclined to do anything about it because they have deniability.  The server in Dulles, VA that all traffic to the FFXIV servers goes through is where all traffic to that part of Canada from Verizon is routed.  The company that owns the routing hardware is not Verizon themselves, but a Verizon subsidiary.  The whole thing is total **bleep**, most of us have to use WTFast to make the game playable.  That in itself is evidence that there is a bogus traffic routing problem that isn't being addressed.  Most likely the problem will never be addressed, because Verizon is too big to care and Square can't really just move the datacenter.

0 Likes
Cfitzy84

I, too, have this issue usually at night by the time I'm done playing FFXIV for the night I have over 700 packets lost between 8 PM and about 11 PM. THAT IS A LOT OF PACKET LOSS. I'm in Northern VA and it is just obnxious at night thankfully I have WTFast so I can play but no matter how many times I have contacted FIOS it is honestly just a pain so I  have given up. I do wish they would fix the alter.net disaster though. 😞

0 Likes
Joey-Zaza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep.

It's a HUGE issue across the board with this game.  So many friends of mine are having this same issue.  Verizon will prey on your ignorance and say it's not their problem but they know they have peering issues.  We just need to keep the pressure on them, and make more people AWARE that this is an issue.

Something is going on with their peering to level3, and it's about time theydid something about it.

0 Likes
kelstonb
Enthusiast - Level 2

@somegirl wrote:

@Kruger wrote:

I have, anytime I have an issue with my service. I have successfully used both the phone and chat options. Are you unable to contact Verizon for some reason?

That's an interesting wording.

No one has an issue "contacting Verizon". I can load up the chat and I can dial a phone number. The issue is not a physical disability on the part of the end users being unable to load up a chat service or call a tech support number.

The issue is getting Verizon to do something other than give everyone the same rehearsed training script rather than acknowledging there is an issue with Verizon FIOS on the East Coast and this specific application and helping us come up with a solution. Let me run it down for you:

- It must be your computer/router/ONT, you should unplug your router/let me restart your router for you

- But what about all the other people that also have this problem

- It must be the game server that is overloaded

- Then why doesn't Verizon FIOS Dallas have this issue?

- It must be the path you are routed to the server then!

- Then why doesn't Time Warner Cable NY/NJ that follows the exact same path to the server have this problem

- Uh this issue is outside my scope to assist you. Thank you for being a Verizon customer.

This is every chat and phone conversation I have had. I can provide data and traceroutes from other customers and other ISPs. All they will do is make me perform a speedtest and traceroute that they like and pretend they don't see an issue and when presented with any evidence to the contrary, cannot answer any questions.

Further, linking us to the Verizon contact us page doesn't help because these forums is one of the methods listed for contact.

0 Likes