Signed up 3 days ago...had to call 3 times to resolve issues already.
PCant

Wow...I JUST signed up for Verizon Fios and Internet as a first time customer and I can't believe how poor the service has been in just a matter of days. To start, when I initially called to sign up for the service, the agent entered my address incorrectly which resulted in an hour long second call to get it fixed (because apparently agents cant simply change an address but rather, have to cancel the entire order and redo it).

THE DAY AFTER IT'S INSTALLED our cable box stops getting a signal. We had to call to have an agent look at everything and luckily (if you can consider any of this lucky) they were able to reboot our box and fix the issue. However....

THE DAY AFTER THAT (2 days after all of this was installed) we find that our router is now getting no signal. We call, sit on the phone for 50 minutes while an agent reboots our connection countless times only to be informed that an agent has to come to our house.....in four days. 

We have literally spent more time waiting for this service to work than actually using it with the short time we've had it. Honestly, we are within the 30 day cancellation period and are debating switching over to Comcast. It may be a bit more expensive but right now we are paying for literally nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Signed up 3 days ago...had to call 3 times to resolve issues already.
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try rebooting your router?  Just power it off, wait a while and power it back on.

If you log on to the router does the log show you any errors?

0 Likes
PCant

Yes, as I mentioed in the OP, the router was rebooted many times. Each time the router received the red icon due to no signal. Someone eventually came and fixed the issue but I'm still not happy with the constant waiting I've had to do after having this service less than a month.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PCant wrote:

Yes, as I mentioed in the OP, the router was rebooted many times. Each time the router received the red icon due to no signal. Someone eventually came and fixed the issue but I'm still not happy with the constant waiting I've had to do after having this service less than a month.

Actually your post said the cable box was rebooted many time.  Fios doesn't really have a cable box, the equivalent would be the ONT..
I guess I should have been more specific and said that you should have rebooted the ONT and the router, sorry.

0 Likes