Site can not confirm my IP Address
lpsweeps

I receive the message below when I try to submit an online application on the NY  Lottery Site.  What do I need to do to solve this problem.

Error:

Federal regulations require that the New York Lottery accept online subscriptions applications only from Internet connections that can be verified as coming from within the boundaries of New York State. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm that your IP address is registered to New York State. Therefore, your Lotto Subscription application cannot be processed at this time.

If your are currently connecting via a computer that is physically within New York State, please contact your Internet Service Provider for additional information.

0 Likes
Re: Site can not confirm my IP Address
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lpsweeps wrote:

I receive the message below when I try to submit an online application on the NY  Lottery Site.  What do I need to do to solve this problem.

Error:

Federal regulations require that the New York Lottery accept online subscriptions applications only from Internet connections that can be verified as coming from within the boundaries of New York State. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm that your IP address is registered to New York State. Therefore, your Lotto Subscription application cannot be processed at this time.

If your are currently connecting via a computer that is physically within New York State, please contact your Internet Service Provider for additional information.

You could try

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

It should tell you where your IP address is block is assigned.  If it shows you to be outside of NY then do as in the last paragraph and contact your ISP, presumably Verizon, and get them to provide you the documentation of why your non NY region IP address is being assigned tou your NY state based machine.

On the other hand, if whatismyipaddress shows your location to be in NY state you may want to forward that info to the lottery.

Either way I'll bet it's not going to be easy.