SkyCaddie SG5 Sync Issue
DeGarmo

Since my upgrade to FIOS from DSL, and about the same time that I bought a new Dell E6500 (WindowsXP, SP3) I've been having trouble running a sync with my SkyCaddie SG5 using the CaddieSync program from SkyGolf.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times - as did the support team for SkyCaddie. It appears to be some type of firewall issue, but I can't determine where...

I use the Total Protection Service from McAfee, and completely disabled the firewall. I also disabled the windows firewall and still no luck. My Verizon router (Ultraline Series3 9100EM - Westell) has default settings. I changed the security setting to low (with the other firewalls still disabled) and still no luck with the sync.

The CaddieSync software will recognize the SG5 on the system, but will not initiate the file transfer.

I went to a friend's house and downloaded the program to his system and was able to sync without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas what may be the problem???

0 Likes
Re: SkyCaddie SG5 Sync Issue
fios24
Enthusiast - Level 3
does the skycaddie have it's own wifi? or does it sync with a laptop / pc that connects to the internet?
0 Likes
DeGarmo
It syncs with my laptop connected to the internet
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
I have seen issues with conflicts on different versions of MS mobile device manager. I would see if this is installed. It could be finding the SkyCaddie, and not allowing the software to connect if it establishes the connection to the device instead of the SkyCaddie software.
0 Likes