Slingbox Help
mailjeffm

I have a slingbox at my home location.  It was set up years ago and I can watch my slingbox from anywhere.  Now, In my work location, I just brought Verizon FIOS.  I have an Actiontec router MI424WR Rev1.  When on the Actiontec router, I cannot connect to my slingbox at my home location.  I have tried from my laptop and my smartphone.  My smartphone was using wifi to the actiontec.  I know my home slingbox is fine because when I turn off wifi and use the cellular network, I can connect to my home slingbox.  I suspect my actiontec router is blocking something, but do not know what.  Also, my laptop is fine because I can access my slingbox from any network, other than the Actiontec router.

0 Likes
Re: Slingbox Help
TheBionicMan

I have the same problem. My Slingbox Pro is set up at my folks' place. That Slingbox can be viewed from anywhere on the planet, whether you use a laptop or smartphone and whether you use wifi or cell/data, EXCEPT at my home in NJ via my wifi. My home uses Fios and an Actiontec router.

I can view my Slingbox in my home using my phone's data plan but when my phone (or laptop) tries to use wifi, it connects to the Slingbox but then claims that my internet connection is too slow(?) and the "bitrate" is "0 kbps". My folks' internet speed is lightning fast and so is my wifi at home (even Verion's speed test says it's over 50 mps). Even if I disable the firewalls on the router and the laptop, it still won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Slingbox Help
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes