Slingbox and the Fios Router
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had Fios internet installed 2 days ago.  Tonight was the first opertunity to connect to my Slingbox from work to watch the ball game.  I could not connect.  Then I remembered I had to access my old LinkSys router to add some ports and such so the Slingbox could communicate with the outside world.  Should this be a problem with the Fios router (adding the same settings when I find them)?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slingbox and the Fios Router
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind.....  From home I ran the SlingBox setup assistant and it found and adjusted the router (or it said it did).  Won't get to test it until work tomorrow.

If anyone is wonder what the heck a SlingBox is, ask me.  It is a really neat gadget.  One of the best I have purchased over the years.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone tell me the current make and model of the wireless router Verzion is currently installing in NJ for Fios internet?  I am at work and cannot check it out for myself (and would like to do some online research).

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears that it would be the ActionTec MI424WR.  Good guess?

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind.....  From home I ran the SlingBox setup assistant and it found and adjusted the router (or it said it did).  Won't get to test it until work tomorrow.

If anyone is wonder what the heck a SlingBox is, ask me.  It is a really neat gadget.  One of the best I have purchased over the years.

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to wrap this up.....

I am now at work and watching my home Fios TV through the Slingbox.  In otherwords, it worked.

0 Likes