Slow Download Fast Upload
zooper

About two days ago, out FIOS internet became extremely slow.  When I run a speed test I get between .5 and 1 Mbps, upload I get over 30Mbps.  I have run the FIOS optimizer, I have reset the router, I have tried several different computers including an iPhone and an iPad.  I disconnect everything from the network, turned off wireless on the router and plugged a single computer into the router and get the same results.  The router’s firmware is up to date (20.10.7).  It seems to me that it must be within Verizon somewhere.  I’m hesitant to call Verizon support since they will make me spend a long time going through their checklists for slow connections. Is anyone else seeing this?

My location is in southeastern Pennsylvania, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download Fast Upload
RussLisa

Same thing here also i have found when the house phone rings i lose my laptop and Xbox connections 

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download Fast Upload
marimon

Same here...I also can't connect to my work computer via remote desktop.  I can use vpn but not the desktop.  Yet I can connect to any other computer at the office just not mine.  However, if I use my mobile verizon connection I can connect with no problem.  I just can't use my home connection.

0 Likes