Slow Download
Mkstretch141
Enthusiast - Level 3

All has been good for months but now I’m getting 60mbps download and 800mbps upload.  Anyone know why this is?  This is wired speeds.   

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Good a wired connection. 🙂

#2 What speed test server did you use?

#3 No other computers where using the network at the time?

#4 What is the brand and model of your router?

Mkstretch141
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great wired connection 

used verizon speed test 

Just the computer I used was the only one running

im using fios gigabit router the latest one.

my WiFi is great the router speed from Verizon is good. But any device I plug in only gets 60-100 download speeds.  Verizon tech was here and gave me a new router but the problem persists.  His device was good when he plugged his device in and ran a speed test. 

So im baffled.  Could it be a my WiFi extender.  I just don’t know. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 If the connection between the ONT and your router is ethernet: What happens if you bypass the router, connect directly to the ONT, you are online and you do the speed test?

#2 If the connection between the ONT and your router in not ethernet, meaning MOCA - please post. And when you post if the connection is MOCA, please include if you have FIOS TV too.

#3 Also what speed are you paying for?

Mkstretch141
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it’s Ethernet from ONT to router. I pay for gigabit internet. 

0 Likes
Mkstretch141
Enthusiast - Level 3

my apple tv wired speed test is getting the speed i pay for.  its just my windows computers. anyone else have a ideas? thanks!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Mkstretch14 wrote:

my apple tv wired speed test is getting the speed i pay for.  its just my windows computers. anyone else have a ideas? thanks!

It’s the WiFi and wan/lan in your windows machine. Only the very top of the line windows machines can achieve close speeds. Never on WiFi and with a direct ethernet connection as I said only in ideal conditions and with top components.

0 Likes