quick menu

Slow Download

Contributor Mkstretch14
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(763 Views)

All has been good for months but now I’m getting 60mbps download and 800mbps upload.  Anyone know why this is?  This is wired speeds.   

6 REPLIES 6
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 7
(717 Views)

#1 Good a wired connection. Smiley Happy

#2 What speed test server did you use?

#3 No other computers where using the network at the time?

#4 What is the brand and model of your router?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Contributor Mkstretch14
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(686 Views)

Great wired connection 

used verizon speed test 

Just the computer I used was the only one running

im using fios gigabit router the latest one.

my WiFi is great the router speed from Verizon is good. But any device I plug in only gets 60-100 download speeds.  Verizon tech was here and gave me a new router but the problem persists.  His device was good when he plugged his device in and ran a speed test. 

So im baffled.  Could it be a my WiFi extender.  I just don’t know. 

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 7
(639 Views)

#1 If the connection between the ONT and your router is ethernet: What happens if you bypass the router, connect directly to the ONT, you are online and you do the speed test?

#2 If the connection between the ONT and your router in not ethernet, meaning MOCA - please post. And when you post if the connection is MOCA, please include if you have FIOS TV too.

#3 Also what speed are you paying for?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor Mkstretch14
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(602 Views)

Yes it’s Ethernet from ONT to router. I pay for gigabit internet. 

Contributor Mkstretch14
Contributor
Message 6 of 7
(561 Views)

my apple tv wired speed test is getting the speed i pay for.  its just my windows computers. anyone else have a ideas? thanks!

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 7 of 7
(552 Views)

@Mkstretch14 wrote:

my apple tv wired speed test is getting the speed i pay for.  its just my windows computers. anyone else have a ideas? thanks!

It’s the WiFi and wan/lan in your windows machine. Only the very top of the line windows machines can achieve close speeds. Never on WiFi and with a direct ethernet connection as I said only in ideal conditions and with top components.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios