Slow FIOS Speeds (Land o' Lakes, FL)
scj5150a
Enthusiast - Level 1

We (My family) have the 15/5 FIOS Internet package, and it has been working amazingly since it was installed. However, for the last two days it's been extremely slow, and occasionally flashes on/offline. It seems to spike every so often, with it testing around 4/2, with the lower end being .2/.6.

I called tech support, and after about a half hour call, he had fixed it, and my internet was at 13/4 when it was tested. That lasted for about three hours before it went down again.

Is there any other solution than calling tech support every three hours? I'm not sure what the problem is, as nothing has changed in the last week. Below is a screenshot of the Verizon speed test I used before posting this. If it doesn't show up, DL  is 0.015, UL is 0.951.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1673/speedg.png

Re: Slow FIOS Speeds (Land o' Lakes, FL)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In these cases, what I would do first is to try rebooting the ONT. Locate your ONT's Batter Backup Unit and Power Adapter. Disconnect AC power from the ONT, and then disconnect the battery from the Battery Backup Unit. Give the ONT 30 seconds without power, and then connect the battery, and finally AC Power. See if this solves the slow speed issue.

If you have TV or Phone Service and have problems with either service, such as choppy voice quality or pixelation on the TV service, definitely get a Verizon tech out. There might be something wrong with the fiber cabling or the ONT.

0 Likes