Slow FIOS highspeed internet
D_Fitzy2121

I called twice to report that my internet was slow. After running a few speed checks the first tech said I might need another router if it continued. It did so I called again. This tech ran a speed check and when it came up slow he had me run it with a Verizon speed check were the results were much faster. He said it was my desktop computer. But I tried to explain that the problem was also happening on my son's laptop, the PS 3 which is hardwired to the router and my TV that has wireless. He couldn't get off the phone fast enough after that saying there was nothing more he could do. I upgraded to a faster speed when I renewed my bundle and since then it hasn't been as good. Not sure what to do.

0 Likes
Re: Slow FIOS highspeed internet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi D_Fitzy2121,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi D_Fitzy2121,

We hadn't heard back form you on your Private Support Case.

Feel free to make a new post here in the forums, and we can be sure to look into it. We're available around the clock for support, if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
D_Fitzy2121

I am again experiencing the same problem with my internet. Why does this keep happening when I'm paying for the faster service? I'm getting totally disgusted with Verizon.

0 Likes
cmb7

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I upgraded my bundle and now my wireless speed in the house is between 3 and 12 mbps rather than the 50/25 promised. I called and the tech also had me run the Verizon speed test, which maxed out at 12. He said my computer needed to be optimized and afterward the speed test should be a couple of points higher. A couple of points!? Then, to my dismay the new digital voice line went dead. No dial tone. Insult upon injury.

After my own research I have concluded that I have to buy a new router. Now, the trick is to find out how to swap routers and install. I think Verizon should have made the router requirement clear when they sold the bundle and further, assisted with the hardware upgrade.

If you have learned anything new about how to solve this problem, please reply. Many thanks.

0 Likes
D_Fitzy2121
I might try a new router but I'm not sure if that's the answer. After I posted the first time I received a post from a Verizon tech and my Internet speeds were fine. Now it's back to being slow, almost the point of locking up. I really think the problem is with Verizon itself. I'll let you know more as I go but if it continues I might go back to Comcast.
0 Likes