Slow Mediafire download
mikeyu0892

I'm trying to download this file and it's extremely slow.  I don't know if Verizon is capping the site or it's just Mediafire server problem.  Anyone having issue with downloading files form Mediafire site?

hxxp://download1046.mediafire.com/fntd4hjaqtrg/3qsh539c6kq68vn/Pixelmon-1.7.10-3.3.8-universal.jar

0 Likes
Re: Slow Mediafire download
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Spoiler

Hi mickeyu0892,

Many times, if you're having an issue downloading from a website but do not have slow internet problems, it will be an issue with that particular website or server. This is not always the case but in most cases it is. Seeing that mediafire is very popular, most likely it's going to be something with their server. Have you been having any internet problems in general?

CJ

0 Likes
bruce1066

I also am having trouble downloading a file from Mediafire...  A 160MB file shows it will take almost 8hrs to complete the download...   I've made several attempts to download this file over the past several days and get the same result.  I have 25/25 Internet....   

However, as a test I connected to my company's VPN and ended up getting the file in matter of minutes.. So the problem is with Verizon and not Mediafire..

Mediafire isn't the only site where I noticed this, MS Windows update, Hulu, Netflix all run better/faster when going thru my company's VPN....  Why is Verzion throttling my connection, I pay for 25/25 and was considering going to 75/75, but after discovering this I'm wondering what the point would be if Verzon will keep on throttling the services that I hope to use the most.....   

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What general area are you located near? Seems there's been a lot of congestion issues rearing up lately, and it'd be nice to coorelate where they are.

0 Likes
bruce1066

I'm located in eastern PA, northeast of philly

0 Likes