Slow Videos, High Pings, and Packet Loss during peak hours
YS5

For the past few years I've been having a lot of problems with my FIOS internet. I currently have 50/50 Internet, and I even tried upgrading up to 150/75 internet to see if my problem goes away but it never did. I noticed that during peak hours my videos/movies load very slowly. Also, I tend to do a lot of gaming and during peak hours I get a lot of packet loss and my pings jump from 5-8 to 60-80 which make the games unplayable. At first, I though the problem is with my computer, so I built a gaming computer with high-end parts. As a result, the problem was still there. Also, this is not just with one game server or one website. It's every single website/gameserver out there. So it's not coming from the gameserver/website side, it's clearly coming from Verizon's side. I have a few friends that have Verizon FIOS, Optimum Online, and other ISP's. We all play together and when I start to spike up, all of my friends that have FIOS spike up at the same time with me. However, the people with Optimum Online, Comcast, and other ISP's stay in the lows. I live in NYC, and my friends live in NY, NJ, FL, IL, etc... so it's not just my area. For the past few years I have been contacting Verizon to try and get this issue resolved, but Verizon technical support keeps trying to convince me that the problem is within my home. I've replaced my router over 10+ times, and my ONT 5+ times. I even changed addresses, and I was stuck with the problem. I've had over 15+ technicians visit my house and everyone of them told me that the problem is coming from Verizon but it's not in my house. I've spoken to the Expert Network Team, Technician Supervisors, and Technicians that have been doing their job for over 25+ years. All of them told me that the problem has something to do with the Verizon servers. Then, about 2 years ago when my repair ticket was open I received a phone call from a technician and it sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He explained the whole situation to me, and told me that he's not near my house at the moment but he's at the Central Office and he will checkout the problem and maybe replace a few parts. After a few minutes, my internet disconnected and it stayed disconnected with an amber light for about 30 minutes. Once it came back online, my problem was fixed for 8 months and now it's back again... I've contacted Verzion Technical Support many times, and they keep trying to convince me that the problem is coming from my end and giving me the round around. I'm honestly just tired of contacting them and considering switching to another provider. What I think Verizon should do is upgrade their equipment at the central office because their current equipment can't handle high traffic. When the high traffic occurs, the problems start coming. Everybody I know that currently has Verizon FIOS or DSL is having problem with their internet. Hopefully Verizon doesn't cheap out and actually upgrade their equipment and try to satisfy their customers.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Videos, High Pings, and Packet Loss during peak hours
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi YS5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes