Slow Wireless Download Speeds
Tsrodes

I have the upgraded 75/35 MB plan and they cannot even provide a decent wireless signal to my laptop. They were out to upgrade all the equipment recently. $215 per month and all I can get is 11MB down standing next to the router. They include a "G" router but I think they need to provide an N to get throughput to support basic household needs. You would think for $215 they would provide. I get better reliability on my ATT hotspot than their crap at my house. My sprint garage works as good as their Ethernet with wireless router

0 Likes
Re: Slow Wireless Download Speeds
Tsrodes
Ok. The subject should read Verizon Fios service sucks too. But maybe it is the customer service. 75Mb data speed until you use a verizon wireless router then it wont even support a single voip connection
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

They include a "G" router but I think they need to provide an N to get throughput to support basic household needs. 

Doubt that there would be any difference difference between an N and G router when you are standing next to the router.  You should test the speed with a wired connection as from what you are saying it would appear that that is what is defective.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Check with a wired connection and check that you are measuring Mbps and not MB/s. I did a quick conversion and that looks like it may be your error.

0 Likes
Tsrodes
Plugged into Ethernet I get 77mps. Issue is no more than 11 maps coming off wireless router
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What router make and model do you have? If it's an ActionTec, what revision?

0 Likes