Switch Account

Slow Wireless Download Speeds

Slow Wireless Download Speeds

Contributor Tsrodes
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(638 Views)

I have the upgraded 75/35 MB plan and they cannot even provide a decent wireless signal to my laptop. They were out to upgrade all the equipment recently. $215 per month and all I can get is 11MB down standing next to the router. They include a "G" router but I think they need to provide an N to get throughput to support basic household needs. You would think for $215 they would provide. I get better reliability on my ATT hotspot than their crap at my house. My sprint garage works as good as their Ethernet with wireless router

5 REPLIES 5
Contributor Tsrodes
Contributor
Message 2 of 6
(618 Views)
Ok. The subject should read Verizon Fios service sucks too. But maybe it is the customer service. 75Mb data speed until you use a verizon wireless router then it wont even support a single voip connection
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 6
(571 Views)

They include a "G" router but I think they need to provide an N to get throughput to support basic household needs. 

Doubt that there would be any difference difference between an N and G router when you are standing next to the router.  You should test the speed with a wired connection as from what you are saying it would appear that that is what is defective.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 6
(561 Views)

Check with a wired connection and check that you are measuring Mbps and not MB/s. I did a quick conversion and that looks like it may be your error.

Contributor Tsrodes
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(540 Views)
Plugged into Ethernet I get 77mps. Issue is no more than 11 maps coming off wireless router
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 6
(520 Views)

What router make and model do you have? If it's an ActionTec, what revision?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.