Slow Xbox Upload Speeds
Xboxtraps

I have upgraded my internet to the 1gig and when I test my download speed on xbox1 I’m getting around 700 mbps but my upload is around 40-70mbps but when I bypass my router I’m getting 200+ mbps on my upload and I had multiple technicians come to my house and don’t know what’s going on and my xbox is hard wired with the router 5ft away in the same room. I even bought a nighthawk router to see if it was Verizon but still had the same problem does anyone know if xbox is capable of pushing 200+ speeds for upload and what is causing this issue...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow Xbox Upload Speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The network tests on the consoles are an approximation, and shouldn't be considered 100% reliable. You might get better results speed testing from the web browser or seeing if the console's app store has a dedicated speed test app from Ookla.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There’s no need for more than 25 mbps. It might just be the server where the Xbox connects. Not really anything to worry about. 

Spirit757

Good luck with that.  I bought an Xbox360S way back in 2010, and it had a similar problem except that the download was slow and upload fast.  I never could figure it out.  It did the same across several different router brands.   I eventually concluded it must have been a bad network card in the Xbox itself.

0 Likes
MikeBoxOne

I have the exact same problem. Transitioned from Fios Gaitway router to google nest. Xbox Plugged directly into ONT gets 300mbps upload speed but when I got thru the google nest router, I can’t get above 30. Xbox network speed clocks 811.24mbps download and 26mbps upload.  I tried connecting a different Xbox and had the exact same upload speed issue. My ping is also around 50-70 which is not good enough for FPS games. Urgently need a fix here, seems like either Google or Microsoft/Xbox are throttling upload speeds.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
@MikeBoxOne wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Transitioned from Fios Gaitway router to google nest. Xbox Plugged directly into ONT gets 300mbps upload speed but when I got thru the google nest router, I can’t get above 30. Xbox network speed clocks 811.24mbps download and 26mbps upload.  I tried connecting a different Xbox and had the exact same upload speed issue. My ping is also around 50-70 which is not good enough for FPS games. Urgently need a fix here, seems like either Google or Microsoft/Xbox are throttling upload speeds.

If you are on wireless, does the same thing happen on a wired connection?

If not and this is a wireless issue, see Why your Wi-Fi is slow 

MikeBoxOne

I’m on a wired connection and have tried multiple Ethernet cables.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The network tests on the consoles are an approximation, and shouldn't be considered 100% reliable. You might get better results speed testing from the web browser or seeing if the console's app store has a dedicated speed test app from Ookla.

Ocha

I'm having the same problem.  Also gigabit internet. Seems to have happened since switching from the fios quantum router to the G3100 router.  Can't get my upload above 50 mbps wired. Wireless it will be higher, 200+ consistently.  Not sure if the router is throttling it or what. With the quantum router it would always be very close to matching the download speed. 

0 Likes