Slow/drop prone connection, router issue?
baumj8

Hi i have a Rev D. actiontec router, i was wondering because im fairly sure we've had the router since i signed up for service (4 years ago) would i be eligible for a free replacement router given this one drops signal consistently and has crawling speeds on occasion with only one or two devices connected (wirelessly). I have FIOS internet. Not sure of rate but given that i speed test for 17dl and 4.8ul consistently id say i have the 15/5 plan. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Re: Slow/drop prone connection, router issue?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your signal is dropping, you will need to see if the problem is with the router in general or just the wireless portion of your network. The Rev. D has been around for a while, so you could call Verizon and request a new router. Chances are good that you will receive a Rev. F or a Rev. I router without charge after reporting issues with the router.

If the Rev. D has been suiting your needs otherwise, I would start off by checking your connection through the wired network first. If everything is stable we can try changing some wireless settings around to improve connection reliability 

0 Likes