Re: Slow fios upload speeds in northern NJ
pally1

The supervisor that left you the voicemail is absolutely correct.   I found out that verizon's equipment at the central office cannot handle the additional traffic caused by the upload speed increases from the promotion.

They didnt have an ETA when I contacted them couple months ago.  The traffic causes errrors which requires rebooting of you connection at the co.  If you have them do this, the speed will increase again.

0 Likes
Re: Slow fios upload speeds in northern NJ
splansing

Same thing here in central NJ.  Wow!  Great, all I have to do is "have them" reboot my connection at the CO.  That shouldn't take more than 6 or 7 hours on the phone spread out over several days doing the same troubleshooting steps over and over again before I get somebody who even knows what a CO is.  BTW I'm already about halfway to that total over the last 4 days.

If you sell me something and tell it's an apple and then deliver a rock, you're stealing from me.  I'm calling the cable company.  AOL did this same thing back in the 1990's, and eventually, LONG after I had abandoned their connections, a judge took like $200m from them and forced them to upgrade their infrastructure before they sold any more service.  I'm sure eventually that'll happen here, because they've obviously over-sold their services and now every time my neighbors start watching netflix I can't connect to work.

Buh bye.

0 Likes