Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Slow fios upload speeds in northern NJ

pally
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Slow fios upload speeds in northern NJ

Message 11 of 12
(667 Views)

The supervisor that left you the voicemail is absolutely correct.   I found out that verizon's equipment at the central office cannot handle the additional traffic caused by the upload speed increases from the promotion.

They didnt have an ETA when I contacted them couple months ago.  The traffic causes errrors which requires rebooting of you connection at the co.  If you have them do this, the speed will increase again.

splansing
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Slow fios upload speeds in northern NJ

Message 12 of 12
(605 Views)

Same thing here in central NJ.  Wow!  Great, all I have to do is "have them" reboot my connection at the CO.  That shouldn't take more than 6 or 7 hours on the phone spread out over several days doing the same troubleshooting steps over and over again before I get somebody who even knows what a CO is.  BTW I'm already about halfway to that total over the last 4 days.

If you sell me something and tell it's an apple and then deliver a rock, you're stealing from me.  I'm calling the cable company.  AOL did this same thing back in the 1990's, and eventually, LONG after I had abandoned their connections, a judge took like $200m from them and forced them to upgrade their infrastructure before they sold any more service.  I'm sure eventually that'll happen here, because they've obviously over-sold their services and now every time my neighbors start watching netflix I can't connect to work.

Buh bye.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title