Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Slow in Tampa Bay FL?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Slow in Tampa Bay FL?

Message 1 of 5
(918 Views)

Is anyone else in N Tampa Bay FL having FiOS Speed issues right now?  I have 75/35 and its been great up until a couple of hours ago.  Now it's 

... and that aint right.  I've done all I could (reboot the router, & everything on my network)  I dread getting on the phone with the drones.

And what the heck good is that VZ in home agent?  That thing is more than worthless.  I expected it to actually run some tests, maybe tell me there was a known outage.  Instead it just says 'You be connected', and when I tell it the connection is slow, it tells me other crud that is non applicable.  I quickly uninstalled that thing.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Slow in Tampa Bay FL?

Message 2 of 5
(914 Views)

The more tests I run, the more I suspect this is something outside of my control.  On some test connections I get 86+Mbps and then all of a sudden things just die.  Other tests are slow from start to finish.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(909 Views)

Run WinMTR and see if it is able to pick up say, a bad link that is occurring to a site you're seeing slow speeds to: http://winmtr.net/

If you could, paste the results you get to your post.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(890 Views)

Things are looking much better this morning.  Thanks anyway! 🙂

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(875 Views)

Great to hear! Let's hope what you saw was an upgrade in progress and not a problem that might return.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.