Slow in Tampa Bay FL?
justdigi
Contributor - Level 1

Is anyone else in N Tampa Bay FL having FiOS Speed issues right now?  I have 75/35 and its been great up until a couple of hours ago.  Now it's 

... and that aint right.  I've done all I could (reboot the router, & everything on my network)  I dread getting on the phone with the drones.

And what the heck good is that VZ in home agent?  That thing is more than worthless.  I expected it to actually run some tests, maybe tell me there was a known outage.  Instead it just says 'You be connected', and when I tell it the connection is slow, it tells me other crud that is non applicable.  I quickly uninstalled that thing.

0 Likes
Re: Slow in Tampa Bay FL?
justdigi
Contributor - Level 1

The more tests I run, the more I suspect this is something outside of my control.  On some test connections I get 86+Mbps and then all of a sudden things just die.  Other tests are slow from start to finish.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Run WinMTR and see if it is able to pick up say, a bad link that is occurring to a site you're seeing slow speeds to: http://winmtr.net/

If you could, paste the results you get to your post.

0 Likes
justdigi
Contributor - Level 1

Things are looking much better this morning.  Thanks anyway! 🙂

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Great to hear! Let's hope what you saw was an upgrade in progress and not a problem that might return.

0 Likes