Slow internet connection during the peak hours
SaimonSL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello my I just got my Fios internet today and after 8:00 PM the internet is very slow.

I did a speed test on multiple servers and the download speed was 6 mbps and it was choking a lot.

I did the same speed test 6 hours ago and I got 75 mbps. Now even the verizon webpage gets stuck loading. I will continue to monitor my internet speed till the end of this month. If this problem is not resolved then I will switch to optimum which I already have and did not cancel yet. With Optimum I get 50mbps download and 15mbps upload and thats speed is constant and never goes down during the peak hours when everyone uses the internet. Please do what ever you need to do such as install more load balancers or upgrade your lines. For my line of business I need my internet to be cast and reliable.

Re: Slow internet connection during the peak hours
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

What you're experiencing is exactly the opposite of what happened here.  When I had Optimum Online speeds would fluctuate substantianally at busy times of the day.  Since getting FiOS I've never seen that fluctation.  Speeds are the same day in and day out.

Having said that, I can't tell you what's causing your problem.  I suggest you try calling Verizon tech support during the evening when speeds are slow and see if they can shed some light on the cause of the problem. 

Or maybe take some screen grabs of speed tests when speeds are good and when they're bad, and then Live Chat with support, sending them those screen grabs.

Good luck.

0 Likes