Slow internet issues WFH
Editfromhome

Have been WFH for thr past month.  My main router and OAN box are in a room about +100ft from the home office. I have a mesh network to extend the WiFi but I am getting really slow download speeds. Anyone have suggestions for boosting these download speeds. I can’t move my setup to be directly into the router.    Currently  paying for FiOS 200/200. 

would upgrading to 1Gb give me more speed on thr WiFi?  

Should I consider, when we open back up, having a 2nd line run from the main box outside my apartment into the office directly, like they did when this was first installed?

0 Likes
Re: Slow internet issues WFH
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don’t bother wasting the money upgrading to a gig that’s not going to change the wifi issue. The 200/200 speed is just fine. Are you using a Verizon router or just the Mesh router/extender? What speeds are you getting? Also what is WFH?

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Edg1: WFH = Work From Home

Editfromhome:

As Edge1 says, it's likely a WiFi issue.  There are a couple of ways to confirm this:

• if you have a Verizon router, use the Verizon speed test site to check performance to/from your router.  If it's not close to 200/200, you can get Verizon support to respond.
  • Temporally attach a device to Ethernet on your router and do a speed test.  If it's close to 200/200, you'll know it's a WiFi issue.

Good Luck.

Can you plug a computer into an Ethernet port on the ONT? 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Duh. Thanks gs0b. Went right over my head lol.

0 Likes