Re: Slow speed of Fios Internet Connection
Justin46
Legend

Since you say your access to web pages is slower, it might be a DNS problem. I have noticed in the last couple of months that the Verizon DNS servers seem to have gotten slower and slower. I have switched to OpenDNS and my web access is a whole lot faster. If you want to try OpenDNS just go to their website and follow the directions - it is free, and if it doesn't help or you don't like it you can always go back to the Verizon servers. Just Google OpenDNS.

In case you don't want to bother going to the OpenDNS website, the DNS addresses you want are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Changing might help.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
Keller, TX

0 Likes
mole
I first tried the opendns codes and then used the verizon 4.2 codes and my internet works great. I hope all of the verizon tech support people are aware of this because when i called with the initial problem, they were no help. I found the solution on an apple forum. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
mole
I am using fios with a new iMac. I was initially verrrrry slow. I changed dns codes and it works at the promised speed without any problems.
0 Likes