Slow speeds abound

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Slow speeds abound

Message 1 of 2
(395 Views)

For a few months now, I have noticed my connection speeds getting slower and slower and across multiple devices.  I use a Macbook Pro for streaming video and a Roku for streaming on my TV.  In the past I could always stream at HD qaulity, and over the last few months I have seen it getting worse and worse to where now I can't stream in HD at all anymore.  I have tried the optimizer.  Also my Roku is connected via a wired connection to the router so it can't be a wifi issue.  I of ourse have reset the router with no avail.  I have contacted verizon and all they seem to tell me is to reset the router and everything should be fine.

Any ideas on what else I could do or what I should do next?

Btw, I have tried multiple speeds tests and I get anywhere from 15 to 20 mbps download and 10 to 15 mbps upload.  I pay for 25/25.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Slow speeds abound

Message 2 of 2
(315 Views)

Have you rebooted the ONT yet?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.