Slow upload - Fortinet Fortigate 60D
Diluted

Hi everyone,

I recently had FiOS 75/75 + TV installed.  I really wanted to have my Fortinet router out front.  The issue I ran in to when moving it to front of the network was slow upload speeds on my wired devices only.  The setup was as follows:

ONT > Fortinet > Cisco 3560g > Cisco 1142n AP > Actiontec

The guide and On Demand both worked perfectly.

I did a lot of testing yesterday with it and definitely singled out the Fortinet as the problem when it's on the edge, however, if I move the Fortinet behind the Verizon router everything is good.  I've set the Fortinet WAN1 port to 100Mb Full and that just butchers the download speed (~10Mb) and the upload speed never goes higher than 30Mb.  The current setup is as follows:

ONT > Actiontec > Fortinet > Cisco 3560g > Cisco 1142n AP

So everything is still taking essentially the same path through the network.  Even plugging directly in to the Fortinet yielded bad upload speeds.  I'm wondering if there's a negotiation issue between the Fortinet and the ONT.  Download speed is unaffected in either setup.

I've reset the Fortinet to factory defaults, powered everything off and back on.  Firmware/drivers have been updated.  Tried different cables/ports.

I did several chat sessions with Fortinet yesterday and they were unable to come up with anything that would be causing the issue.  I have all the UTM stuff turned off there's no other rules in place at this point, just a fresh config.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Slow upload - Fortinet Fortigate 60D
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To rule out a negotiation issue between the Fortigate and the ONT, do you have Console or WebUI Access to the appliance? The Fortigate appliance should have a command that will allow you to view your WAN interface statistics, including the link speed, protocol, protocol errors, duplex, and other important statistics. If you're able to post these after running some upload tests, that would be useful.

0 Likes
Diluted
There is a CLI as well as GUI. I'll get that info and report back. Thanks!
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a problem. Staying tuned.

0 Likes