Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Slow upload speed on evenings for almost 2 months now on 75/35 fios

DDECASTRO87
Contributor
Contributor

Slow upload speed on evenings for almost 2 months now on 75/35 fios

Message 1 of 7
(866 Views)

There was a thread with this guy having problems I am having the EXACT problems.... please help.

6 REPLIES 6
beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Slow upload speed on evenings for almost 2 months now on 75/35 fios

Message 2 of 7
(848 Views)

You say its ben happening or almost 2 months on here, but your reply on the other thread says 6. Which is it?

Have you tried changing channels on your router then tried the speed tests again?

Download a program called inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

It's free and lets you see channel congestion in your area. You can test all channels and see what is best for you.

This is what I would start with.

Also, I assume you have the rev. i router? Is it set to compatibility mode or performance? It needs to be in performance mode for best results, but if you have any devices that require g band they wont work after choosing performance mode.

DDECASTRO87
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(822 Views)

i copy and pasted forgot to change that 😕 sorry for that. anyways yes about 6monthas with his problem now and am driving thin on patience, i will see what this does as far as congestion who knows. trying it now.

db909
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 7
(765 Views)

@beetlejuice wrote:

You say its ben happening or almost 2 months on here, but your reply on the other thread says 6. Which is it?

Have you tried changing channels on your router then tried the speed tests again?

Download a program called inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

It's free and lets you see channel congestion in your area. You can test all channels and see what is best for you.

This is what I would start with.

Also, I assume you have the rev. i router? Is it set to compatibility mode or performance? It needs to be in performance mode for best results, but if you have any devices that require g band they wont work after choosing performance mode.

Where did the OP saying anything about wifi?  I think someone got a new toy! Lol.

beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 7
(756 Views)

99% of the people who post internet issues on here are on wireless.

A new toy? Yea a simple helpful program to fix peoples issues thats been around for awhile.

db909
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 7
(740 Views)

A few facts:

The other poster with the same issue that you referenced, it had nothing to do with wifi. 

Inssider is a nice tool, mainly for checking for channel contention.  I have used it for some time, when it makes sense. 

Most importantly, even if the OP is doing this over wifi.  Troubleshooting 101 for a speed issue is to confirm the issue exists when wired.  It is not rocket science, eliminate variables!

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 7 of 7
(698 Views)

Please keep your posts courteous.  Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.