Slow upload speed
JOSHSKORN
I have the 20/20 service, yet I'm only getting a 20/10 speed (my upload shows only 10 mbps).  Are there any tips on fixing this?  Could I have some screwed up setting somewhere?  I have the ActionTec router and I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.
0 Likes
Re: Slow upload speed
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Have you tried running the Verizon Connection Wizard software? verizon.com/connectionwizard
0 Likes
JOSHSKORN
Tried it. It did nothing. Any other ideas?
0 Likes
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

What website are u testing the speed at? Try going    http://myspeed.visualware.com  alot of speedtests on the internet are not able to accurately test upload speeds over 10meg. Also make sure if you have any internet security programs (norton 360, Verizon Internet Secuirty Suite aka VISS, etc) firewall turned off. Are u testing this on a wireless connection.. Wireless connections are not always as fast as wired connections due to signal loss.

-Jim

0 Likes
JOSHSKORN

I was testing using www.speedtest.net.  I'll try the site you mentioned, but the person that did my installation recommended this site.

I also need to mention that verizon upgraded my service from 15/15 to 20/20.  Prior to the upgrade, I was actually getting 15.5/13.2 from the test on SpeedTest.net.  With the upgraded 20/20 speed, I'm only getting 20.7/9.8.

0 Likes
Kalio1
I have this same exact problem too. When I first got FIOS I had 15/15 service and my upload was consistently close to 15mbs with every test site. Every since I went to 20/20 service, my upload speed has been much slower, usually 8-10Mbs. I'm considering just going to 20/5 (or whatever the next step down is) if it can't be fixed, which would be a bummer.
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
do one or more of the TCP speed optimizers available for free.  personally I like the TCP Optimizer found under Broadband>broadband tools at the speedguide.net web site
0 Likes
linux_grue

I had this problem and what I did to fix it was to shut off the router and reboot the ONT by unplugging it and remove the battery for about 10 Mins.

Then I re-powered the ONT and turned the router back on.  Before I did this I was getting 20 / 10-11 after its been 20/19 going the non-verizon 

speed test sites.

0 Likes