Re: So Tired of FIOS Slow Downs At Night
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This must really be an issue in certain areas.

I just ran this test (http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/112135) and got 55+ each way on my 50/50 plan.

Lowest I have seen in months is 28Mb.

0 Likes
bitbender

I think the packets going to the speed test servers are not hindered nor is the path up to youtube , netflix etc. Traceroute shows 7 hops to it.

However the path down from these servers magically have 30 steps on traceroute 😉

0 Likes
Another customer- So Tired of FIOS Slow Downs At Night
VAHomeOwner

I have a similar problem.  The FIOS technicicans only come out between 8 am and 5pm.  The slowdown and bottleneck occurs between 7-9pm.  I get 25% of the bandwidth I am paying for at that time.  I want FIOS to fix the problem but I may just be forced to go back to Comcast.  Maybe enough people have left Comcast in my area that the speeds will be good.

0 Likes
Re: Another customer- So Tired of FIOS Slow Downs At Night
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Run your test to speedtest.verizon.net when it is good and then again when it is bad.

Run it from a device that is hard wired to router.

If performance is fine in both instances, that means that connection to Verizon network is ok.

There could be non Verizon issues in your area (say a local Internet gateway) causing the issue.

If your evening test fails, you can use that data to contact support.

Re: Another customer- So Tired of FIOS Slow Downs At Night
DavidPlantz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two things I recomend doing. One is get a usb eathernet adaptor from Amazon.com hook that to your router and run some speed tests. I bought one for around 15 bucks as my Macbook Pro does not have an eathenet port. The other is that your router may have issues that make the slow down worse.  Also use the 5ghz wifi setting as it has much better performance than the 2.4ghz band. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes