So far not getting the speeds I paid for
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I signed up for Triple Play special with some extra added channels and the 75/75 speed upgrade and oh a free tablet. First let me say you only get the so called free tablet if you sign up for a 2 year wireless agreement, so I don't know how you call this free for one thing I can't afford another bill right now and since I'm not big phone user it would do me no good anyway, so there goes the so called free tablet. I did get the promised channels but I'm still waiting on the faster speeds I had it at first but now I'm getting speeds like 25/20, called Verizon and after some time on the phone they finally decided to send a tech to my house, he was here for about an hour talking to another tech on the phone at the same time, he replaced the ONT and the router which is the newer one with the dual antennas and then they decided the problem was on they're end. Now here is where the story gets interesting I was told the problem would be fixed during the early morning down time hours, was it fixed NO and 4 days later all I keep getting is emails saying they're working on it and and give a new complition time. Now I recieve a phone call from Verizon telling me some others are also having a problem in my area and the problem should be fixed by around 3pm but guess what here comes another email update now saying it will be fixed at 9pm and I'll bet there will be another message later saying 3am. How long is this supposed to go on. First no free tablet and I can't even get the proper speeds, so far this upgrade is very disapointing, maybe the Grinch came down from Hook Mountain and stole all the internet speed.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: So far not getting the speeds I paid for
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2
My connection is wired but I did find the problem was the new PC I had. The processor was so slow that the flash player program that the speed test uses would drive it to 99% and this wasn't allowing the network card to run at it's full speed, and to make a long story short I got a different PC with a better processor and now my speeds are 75 to 80+. Sadly the whole thing with the "free tablet" is still a sore spot kinda like opening a Christmas present and finding socks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you testing from wireless or wired? If you are testing from Wireless, please DISCONNECT from the Wireless, and connect an Ethernet cable. If speeds are vastly improved wired, then Verizon is properly delivering your package.

If your computer is connected using both Wired and wireless, please disconnect from the Wireless as that is a unneeded connection.

0 Likes
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2
My connection is wired but I did find the problem was the new PC I had. The processor was so slow that the flash player program that the speed test uses would drive it to 99% and this wasn't allowing the network card to run at it's full speed, and to make a long story short I got a different PC with a better processor and now my speeds are 75 to 80+. Sadly the whole thing with the "free tablet" is still a sore spot kinda like opening a Christmas present and finding socks.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@slee2099 wrote:

Glad to hear you found the problem! Bummer the other PC couldn't handle the demand.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the old PC make/model? Or, do you know what hardware it had?

0 Likes
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2
It was a Lenovo C365 it has a AMD E1-6010 processor, 4G ram but the speed was 1.33 ghz
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah yeah. Those are weaksauce APUs meant for embedded system use, not laptops. They can handle the higher speeds, but between all the filter drivers antimalware programs install, to how bloated TCP/IP stacks are in Windows, the CPU gets bogged right down. I know an old 500Mhz Pentium III machine I used to have at home handled 75Mbps FiOS without an issue after some tweaking.

0 Likes