Software Upgrade to allow SON
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi I got an email that my WiFi software was upgraded allowing me to create an self-Organizing Network and to just go to the FIOS app - Internet then Self-Organizing Network and turn it on.  The problem is when I go to Internet on my app I get the message " service unavailabl please try again later", I've been getting this message for the last 24 hours, I even get the message when I try it online on my account.

Why isn't this working ?  

0 Likes
Re: Software Upgrade to allow SON
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your FiOS app is up to date. You can also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app amd try again. If that doesn’t work login to the router directly at myfiosgatway.com and turn it on in advanced wireless settings. 

0 Likes
Danielle110

i DON'T EVEN SEE AN INTERNET OPTION.  WHERE IS THAT?

0 Likes
cldaris

I followed instructions and changed all/all of my devices.   When I enabled SON the majority of them either didn't work, or worked badly..  I turned SON off and changed everything back to 5G.  Not impressive, Verizon

0 Likes
JMDS1951

After reading all of the negative posts on SON, I'm not using it until the bugs are worked out. Besides, when I followed the directions,

1. Download the My Fios app on your mobile phone  (if you don't already have it).
  2. Within the My Fios app, go to Internet, then to Self-Organized Network.  

There is no Self Organized Network listed.  I have too many devices and it would be a mountain of work to set them all up again. 

0 Likes
GHfios

It appears SON is in beta test mode and not working for many. I get a message like others that says "error.... try later". I'll wait until Verizon shakes out the bugs.

0 Likes