Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Software Upgrade to allow SON

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Software Upgrade to allow SON

Message 1 of 6
(2,660 Views)

Hi I got an email that my WiFi software was upgraded allowing me to create an self-Organizing Network and to just go to the FIOS app - Internet then Self-Organizing Network and turn it on.  The problem is when I go to Internet on my app I get the message " service unavailabl please try again later", I've been getting this message for the last 24 hours, I even get the message when I try it online on my account.

Why isn't this working ?  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Software Upgrade to allow SON

Message 2 of 6
(2,510 Views)

Make sure your FiOS app is up to date. You can also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app amd try again. If that doesn’t work login to the router directly at myfiosgatway.com and turn it on in advanced wireless settings. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(2,438 Views)

i DON'T EVEN SEE AN INTERNET OPTION.  WHERE IS THAT?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,793 Views)

I followed instructions and changed all/all of my devices.   When I enabled SON the majority of them either didn't work, or worked badly..  I turned SON off and changed everything back to 5G.  Not impressive, Verizon

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,267 Views)

After reading all of the negative posts on SON, I'm not using it until the bugs are worked out. Besides, when I followed the directions,

1. Download the My Fios app on your mobile phone  (if you don't already have it).
  2. Within the My Fios app, go to Internet, then to Self-Organized Network.  

There is no Self Organized Network listed.  I have too many devices and it would be a mountain of work to set them all up again. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,063 Views)

It appears SON is in beta test mode and not working for many. I get a message like others that says "error.... try later". I'll wait until Verizon shakes out the bugs.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.