Some Frontier info for CA, WA, FL FIOS subscribers
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

This info applies only to FIOS subscribers in CA, WA, and FL.

I recently had the opportunity to talk to a tech from both Verizon and their FIOS cable installation subcontractor. I asked them about the upcoming takeover of FIOS by Frontier  They both said it would happen in March or April, and that they had been offered a 2-year contract with Frontier. Both of them said they were planning on accepting the contract and that essentially all existing Verizon techs and FIOS equipment would simply move over to Frontier with virtually no impact to the end user community.

0 Likes
Re: Some Frontier info for CA, WA, FL FIOS subscribers
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopfully really will be "little impact to end users".   If you look at other forums you see that the previous switchover of other areas to Frontier were not.  Maybe they learned their lesson.

0 Likes
Re: Some Frontier info for CA, WA, FL FIOS subscribers
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been reading the same. Also, been reading how they charge more for less so for new cutomers I expect to see internet tiers to be dropped.

I also read somewhere that Frontier doesn't have a contract with NHL Newtork so we may loose that channel and possibly others, but may gain or regain some back such as The Weather Channel. I also wouldnt doubt we will loose other features that we currently have.

I'm crossing my fingers there aren't to many issues.

0 Likes