Switch Account

Some emails bouncing to known good addresses

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Some emails bouncing to known good addresses

Message 1 of 5
(10,314 Views)

I am getting failures on some emails to email addresses that I know are valid. I am just replying to emails I just received.

Here is the error:

Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
  Diagnostic code: smtp;554 Service unavailable; Client host [vms173005pub.verizon.net] blocked using Barracuda Reputation

Anyone have any ideas. Sounds like verizon's email servers are being blocked.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Some emails bouncing to known good addresses

Message 2 of 5
(10,268 Views)

The IP Address for [vms173005pub.verizon.net] is 206.46.173.5.  According to http://www.barracudacentral.org/reputation,  that IP address is not currently listed as "poor" on the Barracuda Reputation System.  So... I'm looking into it :).  Is your verizon IP static or DHCP? 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 5
(10,264 Views)
Also, are you connecting to the internet thru Verizon (when sending) or another provider? 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(10,252 Views)

The emails are being sent through Verizon's email servers. I requested to be removed. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this was sending an email with quite a few bad email addresses that were returned. Probably was around 8-10.

Will see if they accept the explanation and leave it out. Some pretty tough rules if only a few bounced emails get you on the list.

thanks

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
(10,255 Views)

The only thing that I would suggest is that you try to send an email from your mail client on the same pc, but instead of using your main Verizon email account, use one of your sub accounts.  This would let you know if the address or the IP has been blacklisted.  

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.