Somebody needs to explain to me...
RavenManiac21

...why I'm paying more than twice the price for Verizon FIOS internet service with half the speed of this offer. I would have preferred to have sent a private email to customer service, but apparently, that's not an option.

I've been a loyal Verizon FIOS customer for more than 15 years and I am sick of seeing stuff like this. Quite frankly, it makes me feel like I'm being totally ripped off. I am no longer under contract and haven't been for a few years, so I am seriously considering a change unless somebody gets back to me asap. 

0 Likes
Re: Somebody needs to explain to me...
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately this is a customer helping customer forum. It does no good to vent here.

however, new customer pricing is always lower and the deals better to Reel you in.

the premise is that once a customer you will stay and not go through the hassle of leaving say for cable broadband or satellite broadband.

you could call and see what they will offer you before you leave, however the pricing may not be what you expect. You could leave and come back as a new customer in 30-60 days. Or even have a household member get the services in their name. Just make sure their credit is good enough for a hard inquiry. Or they might be charged a security deposit.

0 Likes
Re: Somebody needs to explain to me...
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will always get a better deal under contract vs not.

And as stated, new customers get better deals than existing.

That is pretty much true across most service providers.

0 Likes