Something Very Weird is Happening as of late...(Unknown MAC IDs..)
WalterWhite2

Okay. So I've Verizon FiOS TV and Internet (50/50) and I own MI424WR-GEN3I Rev I.

I have it setup up as bridge to my own Netgear R8000 and everything (Guide, VOD) was working beautifully for 3+ months. I followed this guide here »How-to: Make Actiontec MI424WR Revision I (Rev.I) a Network

But unfortunately last two weeks I've been having very weird problems. Whenever I look at the "Connected Devices Log" on my R8000 I see a new Mac ID: 40:B4:F0:08:7F:CD which is 100% not mine. In fact its Juniper Network's device..so I'm guessing its downstream device owned by Verizon. It starts grabbing lan ip addresses like crazy 192.168.1.4, 192.168.1.5, 192.168.1.10 etc and therefore my router runs out of any DHCP address and none of my own devices like iPhone/iPad can connect

However if I disconnect "Router’s LAN Port 4 to the Actiontec LAN port 4" (which was suggested by the Step 21 of the bridge guide for Guide/VOD to work) everything starts working and that mac id no longer shows up under my Connected Devices Log.

This started happening once the Verizon started using 100.11.x.x in Philadelphia... For about two weeks or so every time I visited to 'speedtest.net' my location was showed as "Wichita Kansas" or whenever I visited eBay it showed that I was located somewhere in "Virginia" even though I'm from Philly 😕

So I'm guessing someone/Verizon messed up when they moved/started using new ip range in Philly.

Any suggestions as to what I should do??

0 Likes
Re: Something Very Weird is Happening as of late...(Unknown MAC IDs..)
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try releasing the WAN IP address in the Verizon router. When it reconnects it should grab a new IP address. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Something Very Weird is Happening as of late...(Unknown MAC IDs..)
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Release the vz router ip address and turn the router off for 15 minutes or so.  When you turn it back on normally that will make sure you get a new address.

0 Likes