Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Something wrong with FiOS set up?

hbic3
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Something wrong with FiOS set up?

Message 1 of 4
(1,728 Views)

I had FiOS installed on Jan 31.  On the first day my internet speed was great. Everything was great.  But since them, my speed has reduced,  internet explorer hangs and freezes when it NEVER did before.  And Home Agent isn't fixing it. 

What's the problem. 

I also have issue with my TV so I'm wondering if the installation didn't go quite as well as thought.

3 REPLIES 3
jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Something wrong with FiOS set up?

Message 2 of 4
(1,663 Views)

What is wrong with the TV?  

Have you tried to uninstall in-home agent and anything else that was installed as part of the Verizon installation?  It is not required to connect to the internet.

hbic3
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,536 Views)

Yes, we've uninstalled and reinstalld IHA countless times.  Nothing works.   I would go through my computer and uninstall/delete/remove anything Verizon related but I don't know what files are necessary and what aren't. 

Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(1,492 Views)

@hbic3 wrote:

I would go through my computer and uninstall/delete/remove anything Verizon related but I don't know what files are necessary and what aren't. 

You do not need ANY Verizon software on your computer.

Also, you did not answer jumpin68ny's question about what is wrong with your TV.  That may give some insight into the problems you're having.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.