wck

Verizon is blocking some of my outgoing mail (responses to other parties) because they "determined to be spam".  They referred me to spamdetector.update@verizon.net, which I sent a message to about the issue but I got no response.  Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Spam
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

As stated in the Spam FAQ page, you will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Hope this helps!

ramnuts

I just wasted 30 minutes doing an online chat w/ an incompetent verizon employee named Adam. I told him, upfront, that my issue involves the spam filter killing my OUTGOING email messages. He had me changing settings on my windows email program and also the webmail (incl. changing passwords) all while I protested that those items had nothing to do with my issue. The things he addressed were all for INCOMING spam email and I told him so. He told me to be patient, then finally admitted he didn't know what he was doing.

At the end he said there is nothing I could do to get an email out to my friend that was incorrectly tagged as spam. He said that there is no fix or override on the outgoing spam filter. What a waste of time. He should have told me this at the start. In any case, the non answer (no fix) is not acceptable to me and I need to get this addressed. 

I read the FAQs. There is no email option for me to alert Verizon to this and I have been on interminable HOLD for the past 30 minutes trying to get a service agent to help.

This is incredible. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ramnuts wrote:

I read the FAQs. There is no email option for me to alert Verizon to this and I have been on interminable HOLD for the past 30 minutes trying to get a service agent to help.

Taken directly from the Spam FAQ page:

What should I do if I receive a spam notification message when I attempt to send email?
Sending spam from the Verizon.net domain is prohibited by the Acceptable Use Policy
http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/main/policies.

If you feel we identified your email in error, you may forward the suspected email message as an attachment to spamdetector.update@verizon.net . The message will be examined by third party anti-spam experts. If the message is found to be legitimate, Verizon is notified to adjust or modify the spam filter which caught your message. You will not receive any notification following the review process.

0 Likes
ramnuts

Sending spam from the Verizon.net domain is prohibited by the Acceptable Use Policyhttp://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/main/policies.

If you feel we identified your email in error, you may forward the suspected email message as an attachment to spamdetector.update@verizon.net . The message will be examined by third party anti-spam experts. If the message is found to be legitimate, Verizon is notified to adjust or modify the spam filter which caught your message. You will not receive any notification following the review process

I did send that email message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net earlier tonight. Just got off the phone with a human service agent at Verizon (after a 30 minute hold). He said initially that I would get an acknowledgement within 24-48 hours, then reversed when I pointed out the above language. He confirmed that I would get NO acknowledgement and I would not know when the message is ok to be sent. He did say, with certainty, that it would not work tonight and suggested that I "wait a few days" . Egads. What other business do you know of that refuses to send a simple acknowledgement to a stated customer concern? None that I know of. He also confirmed that there is no other option or method to address this and allow me to send my email today or tomorrow. The answer is this: wait a few days then see if it works. Ha!

Unbelievable. I cannot utilize the service that I am paying for nor will the service provider make any effort to fix it timely or even provide me with an acknowledgement that it has been fixed. Staggering customer service here, Verizon.

{please keep your posts courteous}.  

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You could always try to figure out what is in the email message itself that is causing it to be caught as spam.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

0 Likes
ramnuts

I am guessing it relates to a hotlink I included in the message. That link is to a secure, non virus site according to my 2010 Norton 360 security program. It is a bulletin board relating to automobile recalls.

This is how the Chinese must feel when their government turns on the censorship filters. Powerless.

0 Likes