Speed THROTTLED on PAYMENT PLAN
Bubbles771
Enthusiast - Level 1

After being a FiOS customer for 13, years it seems as though there is much confusion on these boards regarding Verizon's Internet Practices. When it comes to making a simple Payment Arrangement (here and there) it's never been a problem to pay our bill 48-72 hours after the actual due date. Now, what absolutely doesn't make ANY sense is that Verizon is Throttling our Gigabit Plan. This ONLY started when we Xfered our account to a new address (2 miles) down the road. New account number, the whole shabang. Why after 13 years did Verizon FiOS decide to Throttle our Internet at our new home? Was our previous account number in a (Loyalty) Status? If we make our payment on the actual (due date) then there is (No Throttling) - This is not due to a congested line, or neighborhood. We do not live in or near any major city. Since Net Neutrality came into play, FiOS has never been the same. Anyone else still having this problem, if so, what has been your experience? What exactly is Verizon getting paid for? Besides slowing down paying users who adhere to their Payment Plans?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Speed THROTTLED on PAYMENT PLAN
Bubbles771
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

I guess when customers pay their monthly invoices on time without payment plans then folks would have to check their speeds.  When you think about it the folks who pay late are not actually "paying " customers but are on Verizon nickel.

i have never heard of a slow down in the situation you mention. Could be a provision problem. Call fios up and see what they say.

Thanks for the suggestion. I called FiOS tech support this morning. It seems as though it was a "Provisional Error" in our Central Office. Verizon came out late this afternoon, (Foreman) and swapped out our old ONT & replaced it with the newer "Indoor ONT" - The problem has finally stopped. 

It took Verizon some time to find the error between the CO & our ONT. However, it's been resolved. 

Thanks for the tip Jonjones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I guess when customers pay their monthly invoices on time without payment plans then folks would have to check their speeds.  When you think about it the folks who pay late are not actually "paying " customers but are on verizons nickel.

i have never heard of a slow down in the situation you mention. Could be a provision problem. Call fios up and see what they say.

0 Likes
Bubbles771
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

I guess when customers pay their monthly invoices on time without payment plans then folks would have to check their speeds.  When you think about it the folks who pay late are not actually "paying " customers but are on Verizon nickel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I called FiOS tech support this morning. It seems as though it was a "Provisional Error" in our Central Office. Verizon came out late this afternoon, (Foreman) and swapped out our old ONT & replaced it with the newer "Indoor ONT" - The problem has finally stopped. 

It took Verizon some time to find the error between the CO & our ONT. However, it's been resolved. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Bubbles77 wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

That's all I could imagine is the problem. Happy it all worked out in the end.

0 Likes