Speed Upgrade Trouble
cyberian75

Hello,

I upgraded to 15/5 through my online account, and it shows up as completed.  However, the upload speed is consistently at around 1800kb/s which should be 4800kb/s.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Speed Upgrade Trouble
iDShaDoW

Are you sure you're doing the math right?

If your connection is 15/5...

Then your download should be around 1.875mb/sec.

And your upload at most 625kb/sec, but you're getting much better than that.  (eg. 5Mb download = 5,000,000 bits / 8 bits (a byte) = 625,000 bits a sec (625kb/sec)).  Roughly.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
try going to www.speedtest.net  and running a test, it will give you your results in a format easier to interpret.
0 Likes
cyberian75
speedtest.net result
Message Edited by cyberian75 on 06-23-2009 10:22 AM
0 Likes
Tektronic
Enthusiast - Level 3
since ur upload is slow i need you to try: Reseting your router, on the back of your router there is a red reset hole. hold down on the button in the hole with a pen or paper clip for 10 seconds. then optimize your computer. http://www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/optimizer/. then if still slow you may need to do a hard reset of your ont. that involves unpluging the power cable to the bbu, and then opening the bbu and unplugging the battery. Last but not least make sure ur computer is plugged in while doing all these test, if your still having problems it could be a provisiong problem in verizons computers
0 Likes
cyberian75

It was the ONT.  They rebooted it remotely, and my upload speed is above 7Mb/s.  This was exactly what happened last time I upgraded to a higher speed.

So if you don't see your speeds, have them reboot your ONT.

Thanks.

0 Likes