Speed Verification?
ntantaros
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel like I'm not getting the speeds I am paying for.  Is there a way to verify my speeds.  I did those internet speed tests, but I want to know if Verizon has a way to verify.  I'm paying for 150 Mbps/65 Mbps.  My speed tests was 68.94 Mbps/38.64 Mbps wired ethernet (Not wireless).

0 Likes
Re: Speed Verification?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call or chat with Verizon and have them double check your provisioning. They have the ability to see what your ONT is set to, and can re-provision it if the speed is not set right. 

To be sure, with the 150Mbps package did Verizon give you a Revision I ActionTec router? Do you have an Ethernet WAN connection back to the ONT? Also, have you enabled any features that could bog the router down, such as parental controls?

You can test against Verizon's own speed test too, to get an idea of whether or not the problem has to do with provisioning or something further out on the Internet. http://speedtest.verizon.com/

CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Is your PC and/or network capable of speeds in excess of 100 Mbps?  

Does your PC have a gigabyte Ethernet adapter?

Before checking your speed using Internet speed tests run test using  LAN speed test to confirm your PC, router and cables are capable  of the Internet speeds you are paying for.   If you can't get speeds in excess of 165 Mbps on your LAN then you will never get the speed on the WAN when running a speed test.   What you will get or have is the capacity instead is the ability to have multiple 50+ Mbps connections.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ntantaros wrote:

I feel like I'm not getting the speeds I am paying for.  Is there a way to verify my speeds.  I did those internet speed tests, but I want to know if Verizon has a way to verify.  I'm paying for 150 Mbps/65 Mbps.  My speed tests was 68.94 Mbps/38.64 Mbps wired ethernet (Not wireless).

Sounds like either your router or pc nice is 100mb max

0 Likes