Speed and Some websites are unavailable
Sved

Im a new customer and am seeing that some websites are unavailable through my connection (e.g. www.uhaul.com gives me a 503 service unavailable error when I try through the fios connection, but is available when I try from my mobile 4G (Cricket)).

Also, the speeds only show up as (5xx Mbps) (and upload never completes as it initially starts at close to the download speeds and after a while starts falling down towards 0).

Is this a known issue?

Even the tech who came to install it had a lot of trouble getting the activation status of my account on the day of install.

0 Likes
Re: Speed and Some websites are unavailable
jonjones1
Legend

@Sved wrote:

Im a new customer and am seeing that some websites are unavailable through my connection (e.g. www.uhaul.com gives me a 503 service unavailable error when I try through the fios connection, but is available when I try from my mobile 4G (Cricket)).

Also, the speeds only show up as (5xx Mbps) (and upload never completes as it initially starts at close to the download speeds and after a while starts falling down towards 0).

Is this a known issue?

Even the tech who came to install it had a lot of trouble getting the activation status of my account on the day of install.

I reached it no problem.

did the installer call the office to see if you were provisioned for what ever speed you were supposed to have?

call 1-800-VERIZON get tech support and have them check your provisioning.

the site could have had problems when you tried it. A good way to test is to do a ping on the site. When you see the dns address enter that into your browser and see if it is reached that way. 

69.171.84.3 is from United States (US) in region North America

However a tracert does Time out via its IP address.

but see if it's working now.

0 Likes