SpeedMatch upgrade

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

SpeedMatch upgrade

Message 1 of 32
(1,451 Views)

Hello. I didnt feel like waiting for the free speedmatch upgrade so yesterday I joined MyRewards to get it sooner. I still have yet to see the upgrade. Im still at 75/35. Any idea how long this takes since its advertised as instant upgrade after joining?

Thank you

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: SpeedMatch upgrade

Message 2 of 32
(1,393 Views)

Mine happend within hours

@MCBrenner wrote:

Hello. I didnt feel like waiting for the free speedmatch upgrade so yesterday I joined MyRewards to get it sooner. I still have yet to see the upgrade. Im still at 75/35. Any idea how long this takes since its advertised as instant upgrade after joining?

Thank you

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 32
(1,381 Views)

Over 48hrs and still nothing.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 32
(1,378 Views)

Hi MCBrenner,

Have you contacted Verizon to have them check on your issue?  You can visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 32
(1,361 Views)

No I havent LawrenceC. I will tomorrow. I figured it was an automated thing that would have just happened but I guess not. Im still at 75/35. Kind of stupid though since its adevertised as an almost instant change after signing up

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 32
(1,316 Views)

Still waiting since Saturday and nothing yet. Its not really a big deal but why advertise signing up for MyRewards will get you the instant upgrade instead of waiting for it to happen?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 32
(1,305 Views)

Guess what... you may be **bleep**.  I have 150/35, signed up for My Rewards+ back on July 23rd, and have since found out that my speed package is not eligible for the SpeedMatch promotion.  (I really have no need for 150 Mbps upload speed.. so at this point it comes down to principle.)  So since you have 75/35, you may also need to pay to get the 'free' upgrade if your specific speed package is not eligible or if you are paying a promotional rate that is lower than everyone else on the same 75/35 package.

I have screen prints of the promotional web sites from when I signed up back in July... and I recently compared the fine print on the same sites today... and lo and behold, Verizon legal added this fine bit of a disclaimer:  "Not all customers are eligible for upload speed upgrades."  You may be one of those customers that is not eligible for whatever reason Verizon feels like throwing at you.

So good luck to you in finding a Verizon internet support rep that can actually help you.  Verizon internet support used to be quite good, but lately I've discovered their quaility has begun trending towards Comcast's.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 8 of 32
(1,299 Views)

Hi MCBrenner,

We apologize for the delay.  Your situation is being looked into and you should receive a reply shortly.  Thank you for your patience.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 32
(1,292 Views)

thank you

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 32
(1,280 Views)

Hi LawrenceC,

I also have the 75/35 plan, have signed up for My Rewards+ over 48 hours ago and have not seen the (free) SpeedMatch upgrade.

Please review and advise.

Thanks,

Joe

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.