Stealing Wi-Fi/Router and Internet for Verizon G3100
Bill164

I don't know what else to do. My Internet/Wi-Fi has been compromised for my router/Wi-Fi and now my neighbor has control. What else can I do. Anything would be helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Stealing Wi-Fi/Router and Internet for Verizon G3100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hum... That is strange.

You need to factory-reset your router. To do this, press the red Reset button for 10 seconds. Then the admin password is restored as printed on the label. Then quickly login into your router and disable all wireless functions.

Can you give us more information what is going on there?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Change at least the following settings:

a) Wi-Fi Password

b) Router's Control Password

[EDIT #1] Agree with post 2 of this thread to reset the router to the defaults first. Then do as I say.

---

[EDIT#2] #2 As to where the Wi-Fi password is after logging to the router, go to Wi-Fi -> Basic

REF https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/internet/fio...

page 42 of 185 pages

[EDIT #3] #3 As to where the router's control password is after logging to the router, go to Advanced. Then under Utilities, select Users.

Same REF but 112 and 113 of 185 pages.

[EDIT #4] Another thing that I thought of, in the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). It is recommended to disable that feature because that means that they can open port(s) in the router without being asked for the router's control password - which is a horrible security flaw! 😖

Same REF but 118 and 119 of 185 pages.

Bill164

Nothing seems to work 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you should seek some legal help.

Hijacking a router is the same as accessing a computer system without authorization.

I am just wondering how does your neighbor get the admin password.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The terms of this site prohibit discussion of legal issues.  The moderators will edit/remove such discussions.

We can attempt to help with the technical issues.  If you've tried changing both the router and WiFi passwords, but that didn't work; that raises the question about what you're observing that indicates non-approved access.  Can you provide more details about what you're observing?  That will help the folk here make appropriate recommendations.