Switch Account

Still no router

Contributor vagill
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(352 Views)

A week ago, I ordered the 75mbs upgrade online.  Despite phone calls to Verizon, and despite already being charged for the service, I still don't have the new router.

I didn't even know a new router was coming until I called about not having my advertised internet speed.  During tests, I am only showing a 12 mbs upload/download - far short of what I have been paying for.

So, I still wait for my new router.  No tracking number, no phone calls, no estimate of arrival time.  I did get an empty box in which I am supposed to return the old router, along with a threatening letter should I fail to return the old equipment within 30 days.

If anyone can tell me how to check the progress of my router shipment, I would appreciate it!

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(305 Views)

@vagill wrote:

A week ago, I ordered the 75mbs upgrade online.  Despite phone calls to Verizon, and despite already being charged for the service, I still don't have the new router.

I didn't even know a new router was coming until I called about not having my advertised internet speed.  During tests, I am only showing a 12 mbs upload/download - far short of what I have been paying for.

So, I still wait for my new router.  No tracking number, no phone calls, no estimate of arrival time.  I did get an empty box in which I am supposed to return the old router, along with a threatening letter should I fail to return the old equipment within 30 days.

If anyone can tell me how to check the progress of my router shipment, I would appreciate it!

Are you sure you are meant to receive a new router?  What router do you have now?  Just about any router they've delivered in the last 5 or 6 years should easily handle 75mbs.

Ah missed the last line about the empty box.  That would kind of indicate that you should receive something.  However as I said any router should be able to handle that speed.  Was the speedtest wifi or wired?

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(302 Views)

@vagill wrote:

Did you rent or buy the new Router?Wha'ts the model no?

1.Router: Quantum G1100 (Primary)2.Router :Nighthawk AC1900
3.Speed:75/75 Mbps
4.FIOS TV Ultimate HD
5.FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.