Stop Throttling.
fgsiv

I'm just another person posting here to complain about the ridiculousness going on at Verizon. I pay over $100 a month for my internet service, in total, I pay over $300 a month for all of my verizon services yet they treat me like crap. Like clockwork, practically every night, the internet speeds that I'm paying for (75/75) drop to AT THE MOST 15/15. I can't even watch a simple YouTube video. Netflix buffers constantly, Twitch buffers constantly - it is disgusting. Not to mention, the fact that Verizon is denying all of this and blaming it on me... I have a 2014 Macbook Pro that works perfectly, I can go to a friends house who does not have Verizon and watch WHATEVER I want at the highest speeds, no buffering. STOP THROTTLING, VERIZON.

0 Likes
Re: Stop Throttling.
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been an ongoing issue for me since January. Do you live in SoCal? That's where I live and experience the same issue as you =/

0 Likes
fgsiv

I live in Southern New York, actually - crazy that it is going on throughout the country.

0 Likes
fgsiv

Just not sure what to do at this point...

0 Likes
Beanzy1
0 Likes
fgsiv

I'm envious of you

0 Likes
fgsiv

checking in again - my speeds are once again down late at night.

I pay for 75/75 and I am getting about 17/4 

Hello, Verizon?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer forum.

You need to contact support to report an issue.

Have you tried running from speedtest.verizon.net?

Do it from a hardwired computer.

If you have speed issues, that means it is most probably an iossue with your local connection.

If that matches you subscribed speed, it then could be an issue at Verizon gateways or past there.

0 Likes
seitzbg
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are not throttling on purpose however they maintain some of the worst peering in the industry.  It has gotten out of control and worse over the past few months.

https://www.bsd-unix.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=Peering

Look at level3 / Centurylink during peak hours, congestion congestion congestion.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think you just have a technical problem, I live in Southern California, and I watch NETFLIX religiously, and it's pretty glorious looking.  Twitch youtube etc.   I Watch day and night,  no problems here. 

I would just call in and troubleshoot, Verizon doesn't really throttle, in fact it's in there terms of service.   There are other things that make the connection behave like that.

For example ever since I have been on the net (which has been since the prodigy, juno, aol netscape, bbs days) the internet has ALWAYS slowed at that time.

IT's kinda it's trademark..  It shouldn't be that severe, but that's not really a new thing, and it wasn't throttling back then  maybe, just maybe you're having technical issues.  Try changing your DNS ( do not use open or google dns for this type of problem) and or a VPN and see if that helps.  tons of free vpn's out there.